JOB TITLE: Director, Sales and Marketing
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Direct sales, marketing and distribution partners, planning, tactics and operations related to growing the Company business in the defined territory. Establish and implement business plans to successfully launch, train, support and grow the Starch Medical Brands in the defined territory.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Build, motivate and manage distributor relationships to meet or exceed established business and forecast plans.
Interface with R&D (Product Development), Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Finance and Customer Support as needed to properly support customers and distributors in the defined territory.
Lead Clinical and Market Research studies in line with Company direction and guidelines.
Maintain and build relationships with distributors, customers and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s).
Assist with planning, coordination and implementation of tradeshows and tradeshow events.
Assist and support our website and public relations efforts to increase company and product awareness.
Assist in generating marketing/sales programs including a lead follow up program and be creative in continually enhancing existing tools as well as developing/introducing new tools and resources.
III. POSITION AUTHORITY:
Requires limited direction and guidance in the management and execution of
duties and responsibilities.
BA/BS in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences. Advanced business degree (MBA) preferred.
10+ years in sales and management of distribution partners focused on surgical consumables, and/or medical devices.
10+ years of experience selling medical devices, preferably to European or Asian distributor networks.
V. SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Proactively support the Company’s Safety Policy by providing the necessary resources and giving equal emphasis with other functions such as production and quality. It is the duty to:
- Ensure implementation of safety procedures, guidelines and standards
- Create a safe environment in work areas
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the work area
- Be a safety role-model
- Make suggestions to improve safety at the workplace
VI. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong understanding of the sales process and capacity to navigate customers from introduction to close
- Ability to effectively work and foster positive relationships with others
- European Distributor management experience
- Prior experience with Hemostasis products preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Internal departments normally contacted include, but are not limited to:
- Regulatory – ensuring that all communications, projects and programs are within our regulatory guidelines
- Administration/Document Control/Legal – contact on all current and new distribution agreements to ensure that the Company standards and integrity are maintained
- Finance – ensure budgets and expenses are in line with the Business Plan
- Human Resources – assist in developing internal communication pieces as well as support corporate initiatives
- The Management Team – developing and supporting corporate campaigns and communication of the Company business and growth opportunities
- Potential Customers – Seek new business opportunities with identified targets, primarily distributor partners
- Hospitals – Train and promote products in the operating room
- KOL’s – Identify and develop key opinion leaders to assist in growing awareness and revenues for the Company business
- Tradeshows/Seminars – Participate to identify and qualify sales leads as well as maintain the knowledge base required to grow the business
Walking, standing and sitting for extended periods. Office environment and extensive travel (35%)
Indoor office environment; office, Distributor businesses, hosptials, operating rooms, and trade exhibits.
Office: 65%, Travel: 35%
Mental demands of job include problem solving, written and verbal communication, managing multiple concurrent tasks, etc.).